Reformat titles from ‘ALL CAPS’ to ‘All Caps’ and enable friendly, word capitalization in posts, pages and more. Users can automatically format their post and page titles to properly capitalize each word in the title and follows a series of rules to exclude short words etc.
For example, both the Page and Post Titles would reformat:
- THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG to:
- The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over the Lazy Dog
FriendlyCase adds the option to wrap words in spans with CSS classes so you can customize your styles to match your theme.
Additionally, you can set the option to make only first word of your title Uppercase (Also known as Sentence case).
- Correct Issue: Letters after a period or quote are NOT capitalized as they should be.
- I18n – add internationalization.
If you would like to donate to help support future development of this tool, please visit FriendlyCase
Updates to the plugin will be posted here, to FriendlyCase
To install the plugin, please upload the folder to your plugins folder and activate the plugin.
- Where do I ask questions about this plugin?
Questions can be directed to the WordPress support forums.
Contributors & Developers
“FriendlyCase” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.0.7 – 2014-09-15
- Bump for WordPress 4.0 – no new features 🙁
- Added high-DPI (Retina) Banner images and Plugin Icons
1.0.6 – 2013-12-12
- Minor text updates for WordPress 3.8 – no new features
1.0.5 – 2012-09-13
- Swapped code strtolower to mb_strtolower to accommodate accented characters. (Thanks to MXClass)
- NOTE: mb_strtolower requires PHP 4 >= 4.3.0, PHP 5 – Now requires WordPress 3.1 to support minimum requirement of PHP 4.3
1.0.4 – 2012-06-14
- VALIDATED: Version 1.0.4 supports WordPress 3.4
- Cleaned up readme.txt and added Changelog dates
1.0.3 – 2012-05-18
- Added option to make only first word Uppercase (Also known as Sentence case).
1.0.2 – 2012-02-07
- Added option to wrap FriendlyCased words in spans with CSS Classes.
1.0.1 – 2012-01-17
- Corrected Page/Post issue where FriendlyCase would lowercase words in menus.
- Added options screen to allow user to add their own lowercase, UPPERCASE, and Ignored (leave as typed) Words.
- Added a pre-populated user word options with common choices.
- 1st word continues to use an initial cap.
- Updates for fix extends date issue 🙂
1.0.0 – 2012-01-08
- First release